the blog of jewelry designer

May 25, 2013

SUMMER IS A BON VOYAGE!

It’s Memorial Day and after a year of hard driving forward, the long weekend always signals the beginning of summer.  I’ll be spending mine getting ready for some fun summer travel.

“Travel brings power and love back into your life.” - Rumi

Travel is at the heart of everything I do.  My favorite designs are inspired by where I’ve been and who I’ve met while there.  Many of my designs are made in Thailand – the exotic, earthy quality of that land and culture comes to life in my Monkey Tales and Mariposa Collections. 

This summer, I’m off to such far flung places as the islands of the Bahamas and the back country of Brazil.  I’ll also travel closer to home, to the Pacific Northwest and the mountains of Colorado -- most special because each of these trips are to visit close friends I don't often see.  

This Memorial Day, I am especially thankful for my freedom.  I realize the privilege of having so many choices, I deeply appreciate the gift of travel.  As I get ready to live into summer, I do so with tremendous gratitude for these privileges.

Here are a few things I know will go into my summer travel suticase.

E’s Essentials for Summer Travel

My favorite simple halter dress by Patagonia - easy to pack and easy to wear - looks great with my jewelry.  These blue turquoise Holey Surfer earrings go with everything, and they just scream “summer”!


This crochet Mar y Sol beach bag is on my radar -- I’ll be looking for something like it during my trip in Brazil.  Turquoise is definitely my color!

I always travel with these two essentials: SkinCeuticals sunscreen has a sheer, universally flattering tint - and I never go one day without wearing sunscreen on my face.  These gluten-free NuGo bars are my favorite snack, both for energy and as a sweet (+salty) tooth satisfier!






Welcome summer, it’s almost time to Bon Voyage!



Feel Beautiful!
Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment