the blog of jewelry designer

May 17, 2013

E's Essentials: Finding Center


Meditation is one of the elusive essentials in my life - and it’s so simple!  I meditate for clarity.   By committing myself to regular practice, my relationships are more balanced and my priorities become ordered.  I’m able to lead with creativity, and it informs my jewelry. 



Meditating is an aesthetic experience and not just for someone who designs for a living!  Finding center brings beauty and presence to life, and it takes many shapes.   I meditate as part of my transition from sleep to wakefulness, first thing in the morning.  Meditation is part of my yoga practice and of walking my dogs.  It’s my “answer” when I’m faced with a decision without a clear solution.  When times are chaotic in the office, I may lead my team in an easy 5-minute meditative exercise.  I’ve even facilitated groups of my retail partners in meditation to help bring them closer to the needs of their customers.  

photo courtesy of Exhale Mind Body Spa where I practice yoga in Dallas & New York
There are so many ways to meditate, ranging from staring into your steaming cup of coffee at 7:00am to simply being fully aware of the road and surroundings while driving.  The power of meditating is not in how it’s done, but in actually being present in the action and/or moment at hand.  

Here are some of my meditation essentials:
Making meditation easy is the best way for me to ensure it happens! I begin my day with my practice, often simply sitting upright in my bed.  I love and use Deepak Chopra's "Creating Abundance," 21 daily affirmations that are accompanied by beautiful music.  I am also committed to quiet sitting meditation, once or twice a week - this is just 10-15 minutes of silence. 


I've created a perfect space for meditating in my bedroom, which is my haven.  It is painted Palladian Blue (a Benjamin Moore hue); the color is cool and relaxing.  It has such a soothing effect that I've used the same paint color on the walls of my office. 

my bedroom upon awakening (with a foot and tail of my dog Whitney on the left)

While I am not a fragrance person, I love the scent of lemongrass, and the Believe essential oil by Young Living.  And green tea is an elixir, throughout the morning.  Mighty Leaf's Green Tea Tropical is a very pure balanced tea with a hint of fruit.


"You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible."
- Deepak Chopra

Meditation is intention; it's slowing down so that you can catch up and then move forward.  I channel my creativity through meditation and have distilled it into the message carried by all of my jewelry, empowering all women to feel beautiful, right now.  To me, the feel beautiful message has almost the same meaning as the deepest meditative blessing there is of thanks and gratitude for what is:  Namaste.


feel beautiful -
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment