the blog of jewelry designer

June 20, 2012

From Waco Cotton Palace to London

My mother and I -- isn't she glamorous?

I just returned from a rejuvenating trip to London
for an intimate wedding of my longtime friend, Lauren.
It was full of friends, family, and cultural experience.


My supportive father, taking pictures for his blogger wife


The beautiful bride, in a beautiful Jenny Packham wedding gown, with her godmother

Lauren is a dear friend of mine whom I met when 
we were seventeen (!!!), both of us Duchesses in the Waco Cotton Palace. Her godmother, Jo, lives in Waco and is essentially the reason for our friendship. Jo flew all the way from Waco to attend her goddaughter's wedding in Lauren's friend's home, Groombridge Place in Kent. 

Diane Kordas (a London-based jewelry designer) and I 
on our way from the house to the reception

You might recognize the romantic setting from  
the 2005 film adaptation of Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice
(which I love by the way), in which Groombridge Place 
served as Longbourn, the Bennet's family home.


An image from Pride & Prejudice

The couple of the weekend

It was a celebration of love in a gorgeous setting, 
amongst close friends and family.

P.S. Though it was the reason for my traveling across the Atlantic Ocean, the wedding was but the first of many memorable experiences during my trip to London -- more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment