the blog of jewelry designer

June 27, 2012

Empower a Child

Helping others feel beautiful is our company's mission because of how important it is to me. A cause near and dear to my heart is North Texas Food Bank's Food 4 Kids program, and I have been blessed with being one of the chairs. Our loyal blog readers are familiar with the program, but for new followers, Food 4 Kids provides 8,250 children in need in the Dallas area with backpacks filled with food each weekend during the school year.  
Me with Lael Brodsky and Kathryn Beach, my new co-chairs
for North Texas Food Bank Food 4 Kids Program
We just celebrated surpassing our $350,000 projected goal all the way to $415,881 in donations for the Food 4 Kids Program for the 2011-12 fiscal year - a huge success for our board.  Katherine and Eric Reeves hosted our Wrap-Up event for our end-of-year at their home a couple of weeks ago.  It was a beautiful gathering with a great energy celebrating the money raised for the Food 4 Kids Program.

Me with Kim Schlegel-Whitman and Katherine Perot-Reeves,
my 2011-2012 co-chairs -- I will miss them but I know they will
be just as supportive behind the scenes, no doubt!
Here's to a great new year of raising money to help the children of our community!  

P.S. Please let me know if you have an interest in getting involved in this great cause--by volunteering or potentially being on our host committee.  xxoo  Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment