the blog of jewelry designer

December 2, 2018

Special Jewels from my Past

As I say goodbye to this amazing adventure, I am having fun looking back and getting the opportunity from many of you to make more of our past jewels that have meant so much to me!





At one point in my long jewelry career, I/we realized how much we were using stones that were either blue, green or white... which concerned me at first, thinking that was limiting, and then I realized these 3 colors were signature to my collection, and just to go with it! So here is one of my favorite pendants, the Eliza Necklace, named after my favorite niece. In blue: an incredible piece of rare Kingman Mine Turquoise from Arizona, and in white: Mother of Pearl, each cut of this organic material from the ocean is unique in its magical appearance.

In my office, framed sketches of some favorite pieces

Directly from my imagination, I designed the Goddess Sundial Pendant while studying design at the Gemological Institute in Carlsbad, California in 2003 (I went back to school for design 7 years into my jewelry career). Being that it's 18kt gold and diamonds, it is literally the first precious piece of jewelry I made. I love it.



The Goddess Sundial Necklace

This earring below has a special place in my heart. It combines a brightly faceted Deco clear quartz with our HopeStar in white sapphire pave. Pay only 1/2 down of $232, and the remainder upon shipping.  Beautiful for you and for a gift!
HopeStar Deco Earrings in White (Clear) Quartz and White Sapphires in Sterling Silver

I originally named these (on Mom in the photo below) "The Jan Chandeliers", referencing my mom, and after a couple of days, decided that "Marilyn" was a more impactful name. However, if you know my mom, my mom's name is way more fitting because Mom is full of life, she is glamorous, and her beauty and fun spirit fill a room. So, I am so sorry Marilyn (Monroe), in these final days of my business, I am changing the name back to "The Jan Chandeliers."


“The Jan Chandeliers” previously known as the “Marilyns”


My mom, Jan Showers and I at the the 2x2 event in 2009
In this photo with Mom, I am wearing the Deco Traintrack earrings in 18kt gold --available in both 18kt gold and sterling silver for special order. Not only do I love the unique look of this earring, but also I love the mechanics as each little "track" moves/swivels separately. They are a very clever design. Only a $243 deposit on the sterling silver pair!


The Deco Traintrack Earrings available for special order in both 18kt gold and sterling silver.

I am still taking special orders through the end of the year. You can see what special jewels from the past we have brought back to special order here!

No comments:

Post a Comment