the blog of jewelry designer

June 29, 2011

The Bahamas



I just returned from a family trip to Harbour Island in the Bahamas. The pink sands and turquoise waters truly inspire me. It was actually on a trip to the Bahamas 15 years ago that inspired me to start my business!

Eliza, my niece, and I are sharing a yummy virgin pina colada at the Blue Bar at the Pink Sands Resort. I actually named some of my most recent designs in gold after Eliza, and they just so happen to have become best sellers! Turquoise Eliza pendant on strand of 18" pearls

You must check out our website (or a retailer near you) for our latest turquoise pieces in the 18kt and sterling silver collections...perfect for the summer season! 18kt mirabella earrings, sterling silver simone stacking rings, and coco ring.


Eliza and I built our own bakery on the beach. I "baked" quite a few "Pink Sand Cake Balls." The gorgeous beigy pink sand is made up of bits of coral, broken shells, and the tiny bright pink shells of a tiny microscopic animal--this is what gives the sand it's beautiful pink color.

My brother-in-law took us snorkeling on my first day there, and we found this sea biscuit (no worries, we made sure that it had no marine life inside of it). Someone dropped it and it broke into what you see here--I had no idea that the interior of a sea biscuit looks like this--it is very reptilian looking inside. Nature is incredible. Beautiful isn't it?


The view from my room at sunset. I am really looking forward to return hopefully very soon!

I am off to Jackson Hole, WY for a trunk show at the cutest store, Goodie 2 Shoes, and for some vacation time for the 4th. If you are going to be in Jackson Hole you have to come by for the trunk show and to visit this great store. Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July with friends and family!

Until next time...xoxo, Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment