the blog of jewelry designer

September 10, 2013

OUR OWN AUDREY

A jewelry designer's greatest achievement comes in creating a piece that lives long, stays fresh and reflects the beauty of every single person who wears it.  As we bring out a new collection, I always smile that my AUDREY still has such a place of honor.  In a different stone, with a different hue, our Audrey is timeless.  

While I didn't title Audrey for the true Icon who shares her name, I am struck by how alike they are.  


You think Audrey Hepburn and hear tinkling chandeliers -- "Breakfast at Tiffany's", "Roman Holiday".  To me though, there's the simple optimism that was Hepburn's aura.  Beauty, to Audrey Hepburn, is kindness.  Her care for those in dire straits, struggling in war torn nations -- it never tarnished her belief that the most important thing in life is, simply, to be happy.  As she said, "it's all that matters."  


This week, the AUDREY earring is being featured on my great friend Kim Schlegel Whitman's blog.  Kim, much like Audrey Hepburn, has such timeless style, and I am excited to see how she styles our iconic earring throughout the week.  Turquoise with grey, delicious for Fall -- check out Kim's post here and see how she brings our White Quartz over Turquoise Audrey to life.


While life for me, is lived largely in the present, I am drawn to those Icons who've shaped the past and are still alive in spirit today.  Audrey Hepburn speaks to me, and I love that we are able to honor her loveliness with our own Iconic piece.  Here's our AUDREY.  



"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."
- Audrey Hepburn


Feel Beautiful!
Elizabeth

Audrey earrings in Mother of Pearl set in 18kt yellow gold, check it out here
Audrey earrings in faceted white quartz over turquoise set in rhodiumed sterling silver, check it out here.
Audrey earrings in white quartz over abalone set in rhodiumed sterling silver, check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment