the blog of jewelry designer

March 8, 2013

I love Dallas!

Oh, how I love Dallas.... 


There are so many aspects that I draw inspiration from and use in my jewelry; Dallas being one of them.  This city has been my home for 25 years; 17 of which I have been designing jewelry. My work has always been designed around a purpose and has upheld a colorful and youthful spirit, much like Dallas.  Dallas is a dynamic, thriving, multi-cultural city where innovation and design are ever present.

From its classic staples like the Dallas Museum of Art to the thriving, new Klyde Warren Park, Dallas serves as a highly connective space for all to gather.  It is a great city to meet and interact with the people who provide me with the purpose for my jewelry: to empower all women feel beautiful.  
          
 I can tell you...it is the simplest times when I feel most beautiful, like walking my dogs around White Rock Lake or getting sweaty and focused in an Exhale Spa yoga class (Namaste, ya’ll!!). The best part of all this is that I have designed my jewelry to be versatile; and yes, I do wear my pieces to the gym!!




           You can always catch me at forty five ten having lunch at the T Room with friends and colleagues or strolling through West Village on my way to catch a movie at the Magnolia. I am such a fan of dinner and a movie dates with my best friends; Dallas has some great hot spots.

my "yoga" earrings and the perfect color for spring!
True beauty is present in all of Dallas, and let’s be honest, Dallas is known for its beautiful women!  But if you look closely, you will find an inner passion and strength in all of them that comes from living here.  And herein lies the reason for my designs... I have realized that my jewelry has the power to make women feel beautiful in any setting; like in the City Surf Fitness class I am taking this weekend - so excited! 

Anyone who knows a little bit about me can see that I am a proud Texas girl, to the core.  Nature, art, and community make me who I am and what Dallas means to me: it is my home. This year I have been nominated for D Magazine’s Best Fine Jewelry Designer.  It goes without saying that without my loyal customers and steady support system, I wouldn’t have even been nominated.


It would be a great honor to win this category and be featured in D Magazine.  I cannot do this without your votes. It means so much to me just to be nominated, but hey…who doesn’t like to win? ;)
Please click here to vote – you can vote on any and ALL devices EVERYDAY until March 10th, which will be here Monday!



Thanks to all! Feel Beautiful –

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment